Percorsi: L’Italia attraverso la lingua e la cultura
Francesca Italiano, University of Southern California
Irene Marchegiani, Stony Brook University
Note: Percorsi and MyItalianLab are no longer carried by Pearson.
Students should purchase a subscription to Percorsi through LingroLearning or at their local campus bookstore.Instructors: Register
Percorsi and MyItalianLab, formerly published by Pearson, and popular in a wide range of elementary and intermediate level Italian courses across North America, is now available exclusively through LingroLearning.
Percorsi promotes the acquisition of Italian language and culture through a media-rich program that integrates the “five C’s” principles of the National Standards for Foreign Language Education. A variety of tools develop students’ communicative competence in the four major language skill areas as they become familiar with Italian culture. All activities are organized according to the three modes of communication: interpersonal, presentational, and interpretive.
Produced by Gianluigi Tarditi, (Deu ci sia, the 2011 Italian Globi d’Oro Winner for Best Short Film), Ritorno a Roma is the first educational romantic comedy created exclusively for learners of beginning Italian. It features scenes in Roma, Gaeta, Napoli, and Siena and follows the trials and tribulations of four main characters — Taylor, Giulia, Elena, and Roberto —as Roberto attempts to win a national recording contract for the band that he manages. The film provides an engaging, natural context for the practice of structure and vocabulary, while introducing students to colloquial language and providing them a firsthand look at Italian life and culture.
The LingroHub Advantage
- Built for how today’s students learn
- Provides personalized guidance to students through topics on which they need additional support
- Includes analytics to provide insight into student engagement and learning progress
- Incorporates assessment tools specific to language learning, including auto-graded assessments with an array of activity types; virtual office hours with synchronous audio and video
- Provides turnkey integration with all major learning management systems: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace, Schoology, and Moodle